It will come as no surprise that the popularity of videos has increased during 2020. Even before the enforced lockdown was imposed the trend for video marketing featured in our digital marketing trends article, and the nature of lockdown only enhanced the platform’s status as a go-to hub for entertainment and information.
And it was the need for information which seems to have been the driving force behind a surge in YouTube usage during lockdown. It was during this time that remote working took over our daily lives, and videos for home fitness and meal preparation became popular.
Here are five fantastic facts which will blow your mind and get your creative juices flowing faster than the Niagara Falls:
1. People upload 500 hours of video every minute
2. It has 2 billion monthly active users
3. The total number of hours of video watched on YouTube each month – 3.25 billion.
4. 62% of businesses use YouTube
5. On mobile alone, YouTube reaches more 18-49 year-olds than any broadcast or cable TV network
How to market on YouTube
In a market that is continuously growing, how can you capitalise on this opportunity and stand out from your competitors?
For starters you will only be successful if the services and products you offer warrant video content. If not, spending several hours editing footage would be a waste of time and resources. Likewise, if your target audiences do not spend much time on the platform, then you are better off producing content for the platforms that they use more regularly.
Here are a few simple tips to help you attract users on YouTube:
1. Keep your channel in line with your brand: Creating that channel which represents your company is vital. This means your logo, background photo and colour themes will all need to be thought through.
2. Plan your content: Before posting any content make sure you have a detailed plan of what you are going to create and the publishing schedule you wish to pursue. This will ensure that you can maintain a stream of fresh and relevant content over time.
3. Publish regularly to keep your channel strong and active: having a consistent level of high quality, informative and accessible content across all the videos that you publish will help keep your target audiences engaged. However, YouTube is a highly competitive environment, and users will quickly leave a channel and go elsewhere if it does not retain their interest. Also creating regular content will make your channel strong and active.
If you need help and support in getting started on YouTube, then BBI Brandboost can provide the skills and creativity to ensure your video marketing is a success. We would be delighted to hear from you at any time.