In 1714, Yorkshire clockmaker John Harrison cracked the problem of longitude by inventing the chronometer; literally a sea-change in navigation!
300 years on and the UK government and the charity Nesta is searching for an inventive genius to earn £10m by solving one of the following world problems.
How can we…
- Fly without damaging the environment?
- Ensure everyone has nutritious sustainable food?
- Prevent the rise of resistance to antibiotics?
- Restore movement to those with paralysis?
- See that everyone has access to safe and clean water?
- Help people with dementia live independently for longer?
Watch BBC Horizon this Thursday 22nd May and you can vote on which problem you’d like to see solved first. What a great idea!
Currently rated by 0 people