2019 digital marketing trends
Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also including display advertising, and any other digital medium. It is an ever changing always present element of the world of business today.
2019 is going to be no different, with the rise of current developments more than likely going to form trends to follow. Here are three that have been talked about as influential ways of conducting your digital marketing:
- Voice search for SEO: Almost one-third of the 3.5 billion searches performed on Google every day are voice searches. And with the popularity of smart speakers such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home, this is only likely to increase. Businesses will need a strategy to capitalise on this trend. For example, making their search terms more conversational would be a good place to start.
It would also be advisable to keep a close eye on technological developments related to voice search, such as the new 'speakable markup' which is currently being trialled in America.
- Video: Video marketing has proved to be a major asset for companies, and it is set to remain high on the agenda in the coming year. This is because, with so much content vying for their attention, people may now not have the time to consume a lengthy article and may have to instead limit themselves to watching a video.
Take a look at some of these stats:
- 70% of consumers say that they have shared a brand’s video. (Wyzowl)
- 72% of businesses say video has improved their conversion rate. (Wyzowl)
- 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions. (Invodo)
- 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video. (Forbes)
By creating engaging video content for your target audiences, you can ensure that you don't fall behind in the competitive field of video marketing.
- Virtual Support: We anticipate that the use of chatbots will continue to grow in 2019, with them becoming more of the norm rather than a novelty factor. This is because 80% of savvy businesses plan to use chatbots by 2020. These virtual assistants can offer outstanding customer service, meeting customers’ needs while you can focus on strategic activities with peace of mind, knowing that your chatbot is supporting your business.
From these perceived trends, we predict that 2019 will be focused on adapting to new levels of customer engagement and meeting their needs to enhance satisfaction.
About the Author
This is a default featherlight lightbox.
It's flexible in height and width.
Everything that is used to display and style the box can be found in the featherlight.css file which is pretty simple.